Friday, July 07, 2006

Too much or not enough?

I'm editing my most recent manuscript. Backstory is my first concern. Personally, I'm a patient reader I don't mind getting acquainted with the main characters and having a bit of setting before getting into the meat of the story.

That's not the current trend in romantic suspense. Stories open with the bullets flying and the reader bumps along with the protagonist catching onto the situation and players as the story unfolds.

Since I want to write thrilling, steamy romance I pay attention to advice and trends. Or try to. When it comes down to it - I want characters to root for. The question is how much character development is enough. . .

How do you like your stories? Jumpin' from the get go? Or some chit-chat before you start ducking for cover?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter