Thursday, July 03, 2008

Reading report

My Lord and Spymaster by Joanna Bournes (Regency historical romance)

After reading The Spymaster’s Lady last year, I pre-ordered this book and it arrived on the day of its official release. There was a small concern that it might not be as wonderful or perhaps too derivative, all foolish worries.

Then there was a brief internal debate over whether to save it as a special treat or start reading right away. Life is short and uncertain--I opted to read immediately. Since opening the cover life has been much more difficult. It is only by telling myself that it makes the story last longer that I take care of the animals, tend the garden, work, and sleep.

The story is sheer magic, the characters believable, the plot riveting, and craft so excellent it’s transparent while being as effective as gravity. Just in case you don't have a copy handy I'll include a link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter