Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Reading Report - The Bejeweled Bride

Harlequin Presents - The Bejeweled Bride by Lee Wilkinson

First an explanation – while planning and plotting the book I wanted to write for NaNoWriMo I had a revelation. The plot morphed from a Blaze concept into a classic Presents setup all by itself.

Well alright, I was touching the keyboard at the time, but it was an Ouija board sort of experience. I’ve enjoyed Michelle Reid, Kate Walker and the other lovely Presents authors now and then over the years, always carefully and a little guiltily. Sort of in the same class as sneaking a particularly decadent chocolate treat – delicious but not what I’m supposed to be eating.

Perhaps I am really a Presents kind of writer? I never saw it coming, but I’ll be the first to admit that I’m frequently clueless about the workings of my own mind. Deciding not to fight this particular twist of fate I plotted away on my new story. On my next trip to the grocery store I veered by the paperback section and tucked two Presents stories in between the eggs and the bananas.

I meant to just check tone, but that’s like taking just a nibble of that Italian dark chocolate truffle . . . I’m not even going to try to rate the book – you’re either in the mood for dark chocolate or not. . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter