Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Writing craft

Over at eharlequin Anne McAllister and several other lovely presents authors are discussing the nuts and bolts of world building and keeping the time line straight through continuities in one of those instructive Q&A sessions.

A few minutes of reading and my head is too full to take in more information. An excellent illustration of "easy reading is damn hard writing." These women are all so very clever,scholarly, and have admirable work habits.

My mood regarding the Presents submission has swung away from giddy optimism to what-was-I-thinking-to send off that story, with just a sliver of hope that the lovely editor will say something kind.

In the meantime I'm frantically trying to fix the previous manuscript which I've promised to have ready for line by line edit on the twenty fourth. At this point I'm not even sure what the story is about. Have I mentioned I have cold and really need to lie down for nice long nap? Not being one of my heroines, a good self-pity session seems long overdue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne McAllister said...

It was great to have you at the Q&A, Evonne. It turned out very well, with lots of interesting info, I thought (much of it not contributed by me, which I'm delighted about). Besides the Presents authors there, there were also a surprisingly wide variety of authors from other lines. I was really pleased.

Good luck on your Presents submission and your other projects. Keep us posted!

Anne

8:55 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Hi Anne,

Thank you for stopping by. I have The Santorini Bride in my reward reading pile. Really looking forward to your story.

One of the really nice things about your Q&A is that I can revisit it and absorb more information each time.

You're correct it was crammed with wonderfully useful information.

The guidelines say three months - so the end of March is the first I expect to hear from the lovely editors. I appreciate your kind wishes.

Evanne

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter