Sunday, January 28, 2007

Writing life

Romance writers are the best. Last night Melissa posted support for me as a Presents writer (still dreaming) and this morning Kate Walker, a real Presents author, welcomed me to their thread.

Maybe it was simply hearing from Melissa,who writes wonderfully emotional, and steamy romances, but suddenly this morning I knew what is wrong with the revised version of my Blaze story. The heroine isn't a Blaze babe. Yes, she's got more depth and yes she's more sympathetic. But she's not on fire.

Can she ignite? Hmmm. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Avery Beck said...

You're too good to me. :-)

I've always liked the word "fire." I like characters who are on fire, and real people, too. I'm sure you can make her ignite!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Melissa,

This is why your voice is a natural for Blaze. ;) I'm adding kindling next...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter