Sunday, August 26, 2007

Real life

Last week was the worst of my life because I lost my real-life hero and husband of many years to cancer.

His battle was long and bravely fought, I thought I was prepared, but I find there is no preparation for losing the love of your life.

I have wonderful friends, and two terrific adult children, but they each have their own grief to deal with and busy lives of their own. So I've sent them home.

Now it is just me, the juvenile delinquent little dog, and the hoodlum cat. I sure hope the imaginary people who usually live in my head come back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Avery Beck said...

Oh, Evanne. Big hugs. I'm so sorry.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Oh, Evanne! I'm so terribly sorry! I didn't know your husband had been ill.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do. You know where to find me if you want to chat.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Thanks for the hugs and kind thoughts--I'm still cleaning obsessively, it's therapuetic and reading romance, of course. I am thinking about my current story again but concentration is still missing in action.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter