Thursday, June 12, 2008

Writing Life

So yesterday I went through the previously written partial of the third Dangerous book and cut everything that didn't fit with the current vision for the story. It was raining and cold--a perfect day to slice out chunks of story. Lost three thousand words. It could have been worse. There's another two-three thousand that need moved, smoothed, or revised. Then I should have a nice tight opening act.

I've learned something from this story already...it's not a good idea to write even part of book three until book two is really really really done. Because, if there are changes to book two, those changes may well impact book three...

Today is lovely and sunny and I haven't written or even changed one word of the story, but it is alive in my head and that's a fine start. Tomorrow is another run around day. Perhaps on Saturday I'll get some quality computer time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter