Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Reading Report

Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight Swain

This title currently holds the records for the most sticky notes. Mr. Swain packs a lot of advice into modest size paperback. This is the kind of basic craft book that makes tons of sense to me at this point. Would I have gotten as much out of it a few years ago? Maybe not. I think I would've found helpful hints - but it is a book that merits more than one reading. As I grow and learn more about writing craft there will be new lessons for me in the same volume.



The Purchased Wife, by Michelle Reid

I have a stack from the library that I need to dive into, but what can I say? I have a weakness for the calgon moment feeling of a Harlequin Presents Ms. Reid has deliciously tortured couples, sigh.



It used to be if you missed a category title you were out of luck. Amazon provides a real service for someone just discovering a favorite author - the backlist is available and economically priced.

2 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

that michelle reid...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Indeed, satisfied sigh.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter