Monday, December 11, 2006

Writing Life

Tomorrow I drive down to the post office and put my baby into the international postage system. Weeks, months (heck I've lost track) went into crafting characters, plotting a story to showcase those fictional people, chosing words,and adding details. After all this work, mailing it to England feels like putting the book in a bottle and casting into the ebbing tide.

Eventually (I figure sometime after the holidays) an overworked editorial assistant will sit down and read my words. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evanne, congrats on getting that baby out the door! I always look at submissions as packages of hope and inspiration. Please keep us posted on what you get back, and here's crossing my fingers you get good news before you know it!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Thanks Lori - wish the whole process was faster on my end but it feels good to have something in the pipeline.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a couple of days late, but good luck Evanne!!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter