Sunday, October 07, 2007

Writing life

About a third of the way through editing Urban Adventure a better ending came to me. Ah the relief, it's a wonderful feeling. I always hope the swamp monster (who lives deep inside my subconscious) is going to send something to the surface when I draw a blank. But since we have no direct communication, it is a matter of sheer faith. Then in the second third of the story, I noticed a physical impossibility. Fixed that little problem, and decided to go watch a movie for the rest of the evening.

The last third will wait until tomorrow. I'm behind on French too. It also dawned on me as I puffed along behind my daughter, while she ran up Seattle's hilly streets that I really should make an effort to get a bit more fit pre-embarking on a sightseeing trek with my very fit offspring. There's always something isn't there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori Borrill said...

I bought a new (bigger) swimsuit on-line with the promise that when it came in the mail, I would put it on and go back to the gym to swim three times a week.

It should be here any day.

I know those hills you're talking about. I'd collapse after the first block.

Good luck on those revisions. It sounds like you're turning a good story into a great one. Hugs and crossed fingers!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Hope you're swimming your way to fitness and enjoying it! I need to get back to a regular exercise program. Wish you were closer -- a exercise buddy always helps.

I've been working in the garden and have discovered the downside to increasing physical activity is re-awakening appetite. Always something. Darn.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter