Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reading report

I’ve been plotting and editing the Dangerous Secrets partial I’d written earlier. But, the planned first scene still didn’t feel right. Needing to get the opening right before I can tell the rest of the story effectively, I puttered around with commas and such. Then yesterday a new thought arrived. Rather than writing immediately, I decided to sleep on it. I still like it. So, now I’m good to work on the story.

In the meantime, I started reading Wild At Heart by Patricia Gaffney. Now, I can’t start writing until I finish reading the book. She’s a gifted writer. After reading one of her books, she moved instantly to autobuy status. In addition, I’m acquiring her entire backlist. The drawback to Patricia’s stories is simply that they must wait for my non-writing periods. Her story world fills my head too completely to allow room for my own to develop.

Reading Patricia Gaffney reminded me that Nora Roberts and I have something in common. We both love to read and we share many of the same favorite authors. She writes blurbs for Patricia and does Amazon reviews for her titles. Ms. Roberts gardens too. It is a small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter