Saturday, October 18, 2008

Six things I hate about writing romance

1) Working for myself (I'm not always reasonable)

2) No job security and no two week notices or severance pay

3) No co-workers, just me and my imaginary friends

4) No paid benefit package

5) Long production period--it takes me months to get through a first draft

6) Even longer waiting period to hear on a submission--yes once you're published the wait times decrease, but they're still a long ways from instant communication.

Despite it's allure as a dream job, writing romance has a few drawbacks, especially for someone who needs a regular paycheck. Yes, of course, there are those who make a handsome living from writing. But, it's a pretty select club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter