Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Small world

The annoying Small World song of Disneyland fame keeps running through my head as I bounced through blogs in my early morning semi-conscious state - catching up with the news and weather before beginning the day. Over at http://www.smartbitchestrashybooks.com/ the Highland Fling controversy continues.The link provided for those who feel the urge to weigh in on one side or the other. The sides are harsh reviewer versus bashed author.

In my spare time I plan to return and study their book reviews. There's an art to trashing a book in an acceptable and inoffensive - other than to the author - manner. Since it's not part of my current skill set I'm sticking with reading reports on books I think merit time and space.

Scrolling down to the previous post I found a discussion of rejection letters. Tales of rejection, like stories of childbirth, are a perennial favorite subject among romance writers. One of the commentors was Nora Roberts, who added her own rejection story. Seeing her post restarted the annoying It's A Small World Afterall lyrics playing in my head.

Back to polishing up still itchy-scratchy manuscript.


1 Comments:

Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

It's simple to oust an annoying tune by replacing it with another too memorable song. Your choice . . .

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter