Sunday, February 18, 2007

Random Quirks

The other bloggers are a bad influence. ;)Now that I've neatly shifted the blame, here are ten things you didn't know about me.

1) I had an imaginary friend her name was Zellie, my mother insists she was not real - I'm not still not sure. Perhaps she was like Big Bird's Mr. Snuffleupagus ...

2) I read for every mood, for every purpose.

3) I have prosopagnosia - the inability to recognize faces - people really do all look alike to me - this is an embarrassing condition. I do not recognize my neighbors when I meet them away from their houses. I can tell houses apart. . . which leads to them thinking that I'm unfriendly. When people wave and say Hi I feel bad that I have no notion of who they are. Plus, it leads to very stilted conversations.

4) I do not recognize voices any better than I recognize faces - this makes me a cranky phone conversationalist . . . yes this includes voices I should recognize like my husband's . . . my kids say things like Hi Mom, this makes it easier to figure out who they are.

5) My Chinese astrological sign is Fire Dog - it fits me well

6) I was born bald - my mother scotch taped a ribbon to my head for the early years. When I finally grew hair she was disappointed that it was not like hers.

7) I grew up without a television in the house

8) My hands know things my head has no awareness of, typing is one of those things

9) Office supply stores are right up there with bookstores and nurseries as places I should never visit due to very poor sales resistance

10) I don't know my right from my left, but I do know compass points. . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Okay, so when we're both famous authors and we meet up at the RWA National, I'll remember to tell you who I am each time we meet!

I've always been good with faces, but I can't do names. You'll almost never hear me say, "Hi Evanne" if you were to pass me in the halls. My mind immediately goes blank no matter how well I know the person. Instead, I've got to consciously think the person's name before I dare say it out loud, son instead, I've gotten good at "Hey, how are you?"

It's a pain! I can only imagine a loss for faces!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Lori,

You always make me laugh, I'm sure I could figure out who you were eventually - I actually do pretty well with even small clues. :)

Dh is like you he recognizes everyone, he just doesn't know their names. LOL

2:01 PM  
Blogger Avery Beck said...

Psst--I'm addicted to office supplies, too. LOL!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Hi Avery,

More addictions in common. LOL

4:36 PM  
Blogger Elle Kennedy said...

"I don't know my right from my left"

I'm in that club too, Evanne. for the longest time, the only way I would remember my left hand from my right is because the left one has an "L" shape when you hold it up in front of you.

In school, if the teacher would say "raise your right hand" I was always one of those kids who'd wait until everybody else put their hand up so I could see which one was right. LOL!

I'm better now (though I still use that "L" trick every now and then..."

8:32 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Leeanne, I like your L trick. Sadly I'm dyslexic too - so either side could be the letter L from my screw up perspective. Glove box and steering wheel work for driving directions. But right and left remain elusive concepts, whose right? whose left? and what about mirrors? LOL

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter