Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Garden Life



Every morning around seven, I pour my first cup of coffee and check on the hummingbird crew.

Normally they work the swing shift, clocking in a little before seven in evening. Then they settle into work over the red garden.

Occasionally, a quality control inspector buzzes the window boxes mid-day. But, he’s not a regular.

This year for the first time, a lone male has shown up every morning for weeks.

This guy is as regular as if he were punching a time clock. He buzzes in and gets right down to business, servicing every blossom on the perennial fuchsia. To give you an idea of the scope of his work--the bit of solid grey to the right of the shrub is a six-foot cedar fence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori Borrill said...

What a beautiful garden! It looks very serene.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Thanks Lori! This time of year the garden calls for attention as much as writing. I love working outside.

If my intentions hang in there long enough to become habit then garden life (with photos) will become a regular blog feature.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Ooh, I'd love that! We've finally got the big yard I've always wanted. Now, we just need the money to do what I want with it. I'll be looking for inspiration!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

In a way I envy you a new yard to turn into the garden of your dreams. I love planning gardens--I love working in them too. But, starting from scratch--that's daunting. Hopefully, there are some plantings established that you can use.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter