Saturday, January 13, 2007

Writing Life

This afternoon I printed out the first draft of Blackmailed By The Billionaire. The story instantly became more real to me. It's a real manuscript that fills me with a sense of accomplishment.

I tried something new with this story I wrote it in order. If I got stuck I took the dog for a walk or did chores. I did not skip ahead to write a more entertaining section. After the first couple of weeks of discipline, it became habit. The payoff for me was simple, the writing never slowed down I didn't wind up staring at the screen or deleting whole sections and having to re-do those pages. This doesn't mean the story doesn't require lots of polishing - but it's closer to a complete story than any other first draft I've ever produced.

Next I read and edit and hope the lovely editor is intrigued by my lovers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Evanne, congrats on finishing the story! It's funny you mention writing in order. I've always written that way and only recently discovered that some authors skip around.

So now that you've tried it both ways, you you intend to write in order from now on?

Here's keeping my fingers crossed this book brings you the success you're looking for. Where is it targeted?

7:38 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Lori, You're so organized! This is a first for me but I'm much happier with the process and will definitely try it again!

This book is targeted for Presents - it was a fun book to write at least so far - not sure if that's a good sign or not.:)

Congratulations again on Private Confession - it was fun to read!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Avery Beck said...

Hey Evanne, I love printing out my mss, too. There's something about seeing the story in print that makes it real. I think that's why I don't plan to submit to e-publishers. I want the book in my hands, and the words on paper!

Good luck with Presents!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Melissa, Thanks for the good wishes. I've got my fingers crossed that you get good news from Blaze soon.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter