Monday, April 23, 2007

Writing Life

Music helps me enter the story world. For each project I create a playlist. Since I'm mired in a Microsoft world and am running windows media edition as my operating system I have a fair sized library of window's media formatted songs.

There are a few artists or groups that I like so much I'm willing to buy their latest CD when it's released. But that is a small group, about the same size as the auto-buy book list. :) Since I adore music, I have a continual list of single songs I want. Downloading music via the internet should be perfect for me.

Hasn't worked out that way. First no itunes, the site is user friendly, the selection terrific the price competitive, but their songs can not be converted to windows media files. At least not by me. Rhapsody, MSN music, Napster all demand a monthly subscription fee for the privilege of buying songs - thanks anyway. Lets not even discuss the problems with free sites.

Yahoo music failed. When I took the time to complain to their customer service department - they were unable to offer a solution. But the customer service agent did move my problem up the chain of command.

Here's some free customer service advice for Yahoo, start from the assumption that your site may have a glitch and the customer complaint may be valid even if your experience has proved this to be unlikely.Beginning with premise the customer doesn't know how to enter her billing information puts you at odds with your customer. This is not a good thing.

Wal-mart offers this service but I'm not running over to their site to see if I can make it work. I've already spent way too many hours in an attempt to buy a single song. A process that shouldn't be this hard. I may have to give in convert to itunes. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter