Sunday, January 20, 2008

Geeky writer-ness

Yesterday, I didn't write. A non-writing day is a novelty for me. But I'm resting my over-worked head for a few days before finishing up the Instant Seduction entry. So what did I do with all those hours I usually write?

Read. What else? It is cold and wet outside. I'm re-reading Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott. If you've never read it, you're missing a wonderful book. It's about writing and life and is wise and funny.

I also read a few chapters of friend's first draft and loved that too. He put the links to his first chapters on the web.

http://garymurning.wordpress.com/2008/01/19/saturday-at-rest/

Then to round out my reading I opened up Linda Winfree's What Mattered Most

http://samhainpublishing.com/romance/what-mattered-most

I'm not done with the book yet. However, I am hooked. To the extent that I hesitate buying another of her titles, what if it's not as good?

When I googled myself, yeah I know but it's good clean geeky fun, I found Dangerous Surrender is now available at Fictionwise.

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook54549.htm?cache

It's classified as an erotica, I've decided I'm okay with that designation. It is however, an erotic suspense, there is violence in addition to sex and graphic language.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Evanne! Every little helps, eh? (Incidentally, I've reciprocated and added you to my blogroll under Writing Links.)

It's a wet afternoon in Middlesbrough so I'm going to follow your excellent example and settle down with a good book and a packet of Maltesers after a productive morning ;)

Talk soon.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Thank you Gary, I'm tunneling my way to notoriety one reader at a time, so don't expect a big rush of attention ;) Enjoy your afternoon of reading--I've positively wallowed in books for two days now I may be ready to do something productive....

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evanne, wallowing in books is productive :-)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter