Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Writing life

Earlier today I got an email from a publisher. The note was encouraging and pleasant. Paraphrasing slightly here's the gist.

Dear Author,

We received your story proposal and it shows real promise. We're definitely interested and will be in touch. Unfortunately, we are a little behind, but you'll definitely hear from us within the next year or so.

Best wishes for your writing success,

Your Editor

All of which is no help at all when I think about what to work on next.

As the day went on I surfed over to the New Concept loop. There was a housekeeping letter to all authors explaining policy and procedure issues. Amidst the answers to a host of newbie questions was this little tidbit--the publishing schedule for 2008 is nearly full.

That single phrase made me want to wail, "already?" But wait, maybe nearly full really means except for this book from Evanne, which we haven't had a chance to read but we know we're going to love it.

I need to get out more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Erickson said...

LOL! I feel your pain, the Samhain schedule fills up mega fast...

:)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Yeah sure with authors like you, who have a dozen releases a year LOL. Seriously, I'm thrilled for you--you go gir!

I'm a pokey writer, so every part of the process goes slow but I had hoped the stories I'd sbmitted in 2007 might be released in 2008--now I'm thinking it might be 2009--before there's a new dangerous book, eek!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter