Thursday, January 24, 2008

Writing life

Dangerous Surrender is available at Fictionwise. Just in case you're feeling the need for instant gratification. That is the great thing about ebooks and emusic--you want it? Click and it's yours!

For the more patient readers it is scheduled to be released in print in May! Exciting stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm back to pretending to be patient while I wait to hear back on my five submissions (one from last year, sigh) including the full for Dangerous Rescue, book two in the Dangerous series. Keeping my fingers crossed more or less permanently.

I entered two contests and am considering a third. Yes, I do count those as submissions. Aside from the disturbing trend in editorial requirements which I'm not ranting about today, contests generally announce results much faster than the traditional submission process. Gotta love the fast answer.

So while I'm admiring Dangerous Surrender's ranking at Fictionwise (twenty five on the erotica best sellers this morning), reading contest requirements, and updating my submission tracker with the fourth entry this year I'm not getting any writing done.

I'm considering the RWA national convention this year--it's in San Francisco. I'd love to go but the travel budget is already depleted--I have until June, maybe royalty income will kick in before then. Lovely thought.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Meanwhile, I'm back to pretending to be patient while I wait to hear back on my five submissions (one from last year, sigh) including the full for Dangerous Rescue, book two in the Dangerous series. Keeping my fingers crossed more or less permanently."

I'm waiting on two from last year at the moment. Murder, isn't it? I just don't know what to think. Expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Gary, I understand I think you're supposed to hope for the best and prepare for the worst--but I have to admit my expectations vary with the wind from wildly optimistic to totally depressive. :@

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... it is difficult, Evanne. :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Amen brother ;)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter