Sunday, May 06, 2007

Publication Quest

Insanity continues to flourish in my corner of the blogsasphere. The novella is progressing fairly steadily. Meanwhile other story ideas are crowding in so fast I’m considering taking a day to record them in case the swamp grows dry.

At the moment, it sounds sensible to me to have multiples of each type of story. As a reader I’m so disappointed to dive into a promising first book and find it is the author’s only story. Especially if I didn’t discover the debut title for month or years after its initial appearance on the scene. Where as there’s nothing more pleasing than finding a compelling voice with a backlist.

Contructing a production plan based on my reading preferences means I should have multiples of each type of story I want to write. A few classic romances, a couple of romantic suspense titles, and a small collection of erotic shorts. By happy coincidence, that is what I’m doing. Wish me luck!

Current year's goals

1) Study characterization to add depth to the story's cast

2) Three submissions

3) Progress on the TBR shelves

Progress report

Done reading the stack of books related to characterization - Creating Unforgettable Characters deserves a second read, still not reading it. Still suffering from lack of discipline. However, another title possibly relating to characterization was unearth - TBR shelves lack of organization is another problem . . .

Three submissions sent!

Working on number four (see word meter number four)!

Status: still waiting to hear from the publishers

Timeline:

Number One: four months and three weeks - estimated response time from publisher 3 months

Number Two: One month and two weeks - estimated response time from publisher 1 month

Number three: Four weeks - estimated response time from publisher none*

*Publisher did acknowledge the submission, but included a warning not to contact them about this submission. Word is they got lots of submissions (new line) and are sorting them out.

TBR stack grew, ahem a small box of books arrived. One was needed for research, two were irresistible, one . . . such is the life of an addicted reader.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Lord, I admire how organized you are, and how much you think all this through. I know it's all going to pay off for you before you know it!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Lori, I saw your cover for Underneath It All - it looks super! I'm looking forward to reading it. . .

I can plan anything . . . it's the actual doing that always causes problems. LOL

Thanks for stopping by with an encouraging word. It means more than you realize. ;)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter