Thursday, September 07, 2006

Book buzz

As an aspiring writer I’ve got my ear pressed firmly to the ground for what’s hot, what it is that publishers, and presumably readers, want. When Harlequin puffs a book I listen.

Their latest push goes to Angel’s Rest.

Here’s the link. Go ahead and check it out. I’ll wait.






What do you think? Is it romance? Nope. Are they not happy being the largest romance publisher? Didn’t they just discontinue Silhouette Bombshells? Am I missing the big picture? Are the non-romance lines going great guns somewhere else? Or are editors and marketing departments fallible human beings like the rest of us?


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All the buzz I've heard lately has been for Nocturne...

am I the only one left who likes romcom? I think all the romantic comedy readers when chick lit :D

2:38 PM  
Blogger Evanne Lorraine said...

Hey Jenna, Thanks for stopping by, I love romcom. Leslie Kelly, Rhonda Neslon, Rachel Gibson, Jenny Crusie, Lori Foster, Carly Phillip - well I get easily carried away on this subject.

Nocturne sounds like paranormal and I'm not a fan so haven't even peeked - my bad. I'll look, promise.

2008 for MX in the USA? :(

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter