Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Reading Report - Ashes to Ashes

First a little background, I'd heard good things about Ms. Hoag's books years ago. I acquired an audio version to listen to in the car. The reader grated on my ear. I quit listening during the first installment and struck Ms. Hoag off my list. Yes, very unfair, but there are so many good books and so little time.

Time went by and respected reviewers continued to laud Ms, Hoag's work. I picked up a copy of one of her older titles and eventually it made it to the top of the TBR pile. Riveting, almost everything I wanted in a story.

A few years later, yes I'm way behind on reading, Ashes to Ashes surfaced and I dived in. Again, almost everything I want in a story. Her voice is strong and the pacing of the story gripping. Yet, I would not want a steady diet of her books, the darker side of humanity is something I'm only willing to absorb in small doses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter