Sunday, March 04, 2007

Writing life

This afternoon I noticed I was missing a character. Then it dawned on me that a vital scene was missing too. Obviously it was time to step away from the computer before anything more critical disappeared.

I went out to work in the garden, very soothing and good for resting the tired brain. While I was out innocently pruning roses, and tossing the ball for the little dog, the inciting incident vanished.

This hi-jacking of important story pieces is worrisome, but not insoluble. I found a spare character to flesh out and insert into the story. The scene isn't written, but it's sketched in my head. The inciting incident remains elusive, but I'm sure it will show up if I keep searching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter