Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Writing craft

The story I'm working on at the moment is mostly written, alas not all of the words are the right words. I'm struggling to wrap my head around what needs changed. The hero is wrong in almost every appearance. The heroine needs fine tuning. Setting needs to be strengthened. The plot requires changes.

When I think about how to accomplishing these revisions, I considered making multiple passes fixing each thread, and then weaving those all together in a final polishing pass. Not to be confused with the final editing pass. I may still do it that way. But first I need to print it out even with all it's mismatched bits and gaping plot holes. I need to work on paper. Especially when revising.

Thankfully, paper is a renewable resource.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Web Counter